The usefulness of regular maintenance, and tips on applying paint on a marble fireplace!
Marble fireplaces are not just useful; these are equally fascinating as well. People have started emphasizing on the look of their fireplaces equally, as they do about its longevity or usefulness. Days are gone when a person had to think about removing an entire fireplace after years of extensive usage. Nowadays with proper maintenance and restoration services fireplaces can last for decades.
However, through the process and availability of high-quality paints, it is now possible to restore the old look (or even better) by putting minimal effort. At the same time, a proper coating or painting also helps in maintaining the longevity of the stones, wood or brick. Painting works fantastically for all types of fireplaces. It works best for wood or stone surround. Never paint a French marble fireplace. However, it is more important to use the right technique of painting wood or stone. Given below are some handy tips on how to properly maintain a fireplace.
Key tips for the proper painting of brick surrounds not marble fireplaces
- To start with, it is always suggested that one should brush the base coat thoroughly. Instead of just a single coat of paint, it is recommended to go for double coats for an even effect.
- If you do not want the paint to ruin all the other areas of the fireplace, it is recommended to spread a drop cloth. One may spread a complete plastic film for complete protection of the various aspects of the fireplace. The frame and the walls around it can be thoroughly safeguarded using the right painter tape too.
- It is recommended to dust the mantel properly using a microfiber cloth for the complete elimination of the dirt particles. When it comes to the hard to reach corners, one should make use of vacuum cleaners or similar equipment.
- When it comes to painting marble mantel it’s best not to. It is better to clean it. When cleaning it, it is recommended to prepare a thorough blend of dish foam with mild warm water within a pot. It is best if you make use of sponge for cleaning the mantel. This strategy works for removal of spots from all around the surface. However, it is important to allow proper drying for the same before you try anything else.
- It is recommended to apply a dual coat of alkali resistive elements when it comes to proper protection of the fireplace. However, the primary emphasis should be given towards the drying of the primer for the best effect. This is important for increasing the durability of the paint.
- Some people use old brushes on dry marble fireplaces. One may make use of rollers as well. Irrespective of the equipment used, it is always a better idea to take recommendations of specialists when it comes about painting or maintaining the marble fireplaces.
There are many manufactures that sell a wide range of fireplaces and also assist homeowners with the maintenance process. So no matter what guidance you require regarding cleaning or maintaining your fireplace, you can turn to these people. Wash is the best practice for marble and cast stone fireplaces. Painting is only recommended for brick or wood surrounds.
Comments are closed